The purposes of the childcare ministries at Cedar Bayou Grace United Methodist Church are
- To support families in their spiritual growth
- To help each child experience God’s love
- To help each child feel comfortable and special
- To help each child feel secure with adults and workers who love and care for him or her
- The help each child learn to play and share with other children
- To help each child have positive feelings about coming to church
- To encourage active participation of parents in worship and other church sponsored activities
Childcare is available Sunday mornings from 8:00am to 12:15pm and Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 8:00pm for those attending church sponsored activities.
Each room is staffed with at least one adult who has been cleared through a background check and has been trained to follow the Safe Sanctuary policy. Each room is also staffed with at least one assistant childcare worker who is 17 years of age or older.
Our nursery is open during the two worship sessions. The options available to children and their parents on Sunday mornings at Cedar Bayou Grace make it easy for families to, in addition to Sunday School; choose one of the two associated worship services that they can attend together.
Additionally, children’s ministries offer a wide variety of parenting programs, family events, and recreational activities, along with a full schedule of summer fun and fellowship options for both preschool and elementary age-groups, all with a strong emphasis on learning and developing the basic habits of personal spiritual growth.